Welcome

Welcome to my Personal Blog about my weight loss since 2002 with the lap band, at my heaviest I weighed 155kgs and my goal weight is 75kgs which I hope to achieve one day.
Please enjoy your stay and come back soon to see my progress.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

What is the lap-band

So you may be asking your self what is the lap-band well I thought since this is whats assisted me in loosing the weight that I should tell you about it.

The Adjustable Gastric Lap-Band is a restrictive operation where a small pouch is formed at the top of your stomach with the gastric band, connected to the band is your port where saline can be put into the band which causes the band to tighten which slows down the amount of food you can fit into your stomach.

This means you loose weight by restricting the amount of food you can fit in and makes you feel fuller longer. The other great thing is the band is done by key hole surgery so its less evasive than other weight loss operations also means you get back to normal quicker.

The lap band can also be removed if you wish and your stomach will go back to its normal size but You do not need to have the band removed instead you can have the saline removed from the band which allows you to fit more in and if you start putting weight back on you can have more put in which helps you keep the weight off in the long run.

The band is Available in all Australian States and is usually covered with private health cover if you have had it in 12 months or more.... The weight you loose will depend on you and the choices you make.... the band is no easy way out and it will only work if you are willing to put the hard work in and eat healthy and keep active.

I hope this helps those that are looking at having the lap band done there is allot of web sites out there that give information but i just thought a little write up may assist others in knowing what the lap-band is and why its such a positive approach to weight loss if you feel you have tried every thing else and failed. The diagram on the left is what the band looks like when its on a person.

No comments: