Welcome

Welcome to my Personal Blog about my weight loss since 2002 with the lap band, at my heaviest I weighed 155kgs and my goal weight is 75kgs which I hope to achieve one day.
Please enjoy your stay and come back soon to see my progress.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Once apon a time


Ok so this life of mine is no fairytale when not yet any way, My name is Lisa Cotter I am 29 and married with 3 beautiful sons Adien 11, Joel 15 months and Joshua 5 months old and I have a obesity problem.

Ok well I did have a obesity problem but after a near fatal asthma attack in 1999 I was told about the Lap-Band. I weighed 165kgs at the time and though it took me until 2000 to go and see Dr J Toouli I had decided long ago to do something. I met with Dr Toouli from Flinders private hospital here in Adelaide and then Nick Wray a dietitian and decided to go ahead with the operation.

2 days before easter 2001 I had my operation weighing 155kg's I was scared and what made it worst was a lady in the bed next to mine was having hers removed and telling me all the bad things.... I remember at 2 pm being taken down to the operation area to wait and seeing a women being wheeled out screaming well I so did not want to stay in that room I wanted to get up and run but the door was locked.... so i did my nervous giggle and went ahead with it and well I am glad I did.

My hope is that My blog will keep me motivated to loose the last of the weight and reach my goal of 75kgs and that it may also help others or keep you amused just maybe..... so if I have not scared you away already then keep reading.

No comments: